Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

We Survived

We survived the milk test. Although, I don't think it really counts since it was only five tablespoons in the bread and it was cooked. The real test would be to pour our cereal in it and eat it. I was going to do that this morning, but cereal just didn't sound good.

Milking went a tiny bit better this morning. I still had to give Hyacinth wee bits of food to keep her still, but she didn't kick as much in between. Maybe she'll calm down after she learns the routine. Routine seems to be important to goats.

The carpet is being installed in our other house today, so Tom is there seeing to that project.

A friend helped me figure out how much fabric I need to make my curtains. 33 yards for the bedroom, 52 yards for the living room, and 2 1/4 yards for a roman shade in the kitchen pantry area. Friend used to make window coverings professionally and has offered to help me. I might take her up on that. I could probably learn a lot from her.

3 comments:

Terra said...

she can teach you and then you can teach me!

Meagan said...

Carpet is BEAUTIFUL! The guys installing seemed really nice, too.

Mosaics said...

Terra, why don't we just skip the middle man. She can teach you, you can make my curtains and I don't even have to know how. ;o)

Meagan, I'm glad you like the carpet. Aren't you glad I didn't go with a boring ol' plush? I almost did because it's so common and everyone seems to pick it, but in the end, I told the saleswoman, "I just CAN'T put a plush carpet in this house."