Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Front Door...Finally!




We got our new front door installed this week and the finish man just finished it out today. It is so nice to not have those towels stuffed up under the door in a vain effort to keep bugs, dirt, and cold out. And we can walk in and out without kicking and tripping over them.


We just have a temporary doorknob on because my lockset/handles are on order and haven't arrived yet. And some day, I hope to be able to afford decorative iron grilles to attach over the glass part. But, for now, this is what we have and I'm very happy with it.


The front hall (which isn't finished because we don't have the door casing yet) is so light and bright that Tom and I keep think we left the door open. It'll take us a while to adjust to light entryway instead of a dark cavelike entrance.

4 comments:

April said...

very nice!! Can't wait to see it for real and stop Leah from busting the glass..LOL

Meagan said...

Did you find out what key?!

Mosaics said...

It's tempered glass and two layers. Hopefully, too tough for Leah to bust.

And no, I won't know about a key until my lockset arrives. It could be a couple of weeks.

April said...

HA! NOTHING is to hard for Leah to break.she is the "Destructor" LOL. As soon as she breaks it she'll say, "Oops, my bad"