Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peeping Skunk


That's where Pearlie lays while I'm sitting here at the computer on my kitchen desk. See the window right behind her? Just a few minutes ago, something moving outside the window caught my eye. I've seen possums ambling by a couple of times, so I was expecting that's what it was. Nope. It was a skunk. It made a tiny scratching noise when it put it's little front paws on the window to look in.
I sat very still, hoping that Pearlie wouldn't notice (she was busy licking her foot), because if she saw that skunk just about one foot away from her, she would have come unglued, which may have made the skunk come unglued, which would have made me a very unhappy camper. Of course, it would have sprayed on the window and brick instead of us, but I'm pretty sure the smell would have seeped into the house.

2 comments:

April said...

oh, yeah..baby..that smell sinks into EVERYTHING! Remember when Bruiser got sprayed..she stunk for a whole year..YUK!

Mosaics said...

I don't remember Bruiser getting sprayed! Where was I, in la-la land?