Well, I did break my message board habit. I still go to the message boards and read, but I have hardly posted at all in the last several weeks. Still, haven't anything much to say on a blog.
For the past year we've been searching for some property to buy. I finally have found some and we've made an offer. It's been a long drawn out affair and we're not done yet, but getting there.
It's been over two months, but we've finally progressed to the stage in which we got an inspection done on the house. When we rec'd the report there were three serious problems to be addressed: (1) One of the two septic systems needs to be replaced, (2) the roof has two layers of shingles on it which is too much weight and causing the rafters to separate, (3) the breaker box/wiring is dangerously substandard.
The seller has agreed to replace the breaker box; gotten an estimate to replace the septic; and is waiting on the roofer's estimate.
If we buy the property, we'll be embarking on a whole different life...a farming life...something neither my husband nor myself knows much about. It's a scary thing and I'm very conflicted about it, but we're forging ahead. I've prayed that if it's not meant to be that God will save us from ourselves. I have to wonder if perhaps all these troubles and delays in finding a suitable property and negotiating a deal has been God's way of telling us it's a bad idea. But how does one know? How do we know if this is the wrong thing to do and we've been stubbornly insisting on our own will, or if all of these roadblocks are just trials that we're supposed to overcome and will make us stronger? I just don't know. I've prayed for guidance. What else can I do?