Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, December 17, 2010

Yule the Arbor Barber

No kidding, that's the name of the tree trimming guy that I hired to do this.

I know this looks like a terrible mistake.


But I have been assured by two tree guys that it will all be OK in the spring.  In the meantime, I have these three bony hands sticking up out of my yard.  These maple trees were hideous, even more hideous than they are now, with scraggly branches and twigs sticking out in all directions and dead branches constantly dropping onto the lawn.  This is a last ditch effort to save their lives because what I really wanted to do was to cut them down completely and put in a beautiful Magnolia tree.

But, I've given them a reprieve.  Any hint of ugliness in the spring and they're toast (or...mulch).

Oh, and as for Yule the Arbor Barber...he was recommended by a friend that owns a tree farm.  I don't suppose you can get any better recommendation than that, but I would have hired him just for the name.  And, he actually does look like Yul Brenner (or the Pine Sol clean guy) with a bald head and a hoop in each ear.

Oh, but his name is really spelled Ewell.  Ewell Love.  Ewell Love the Arbor Barber.  You'll love the Arbor Barber.  How cool is that?  He should have been in the marketing business.

No comments: