Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Craigslist Fail

Aw, I love Craigslist.  I look on it every day to see what I might be able to use out here on the farm.  My current search is for bunk beds for the apartment and patio furniture for our yard.  I've bought and sold several things on Craigslist with no problem, but I finally got burned.

I don't care that the beds are used or scratched or dinged up because I plan to paint them anyway, but I had to drive an hour to get these and I told the seller, "I will buy them if you have all the parts and nothing is broken."  She told me she did and nothing was broken.  When I brought them home and started to put them together, not one piece would go together because of missing and broken dowels.

I'll never see the woman again, but I wanted her to be aware of how her actions affected me, so I texted her.  Here is our text conversation.

"You lied to me.  Parts are broken and we can't even put the bed together unless we can repair it.  Shame on me for trusting a stranger.  Shame on you for lying."

"We took it apart from them (her teenage children) sleeping on it and stored it.  None of them needed it so we sold it.  You just don't know what your (sic) doing."

"We both know that's not true.  I'm sad that I got cheated, but more than that...sad that you felt the need to lie.  Peace to you during this holiday season."

"You are so not a Christian.  If you had been nice I would have talked u thru assembly.  My husband says to say not to contact us again or he will turn u in."

Um.  I think I can figure out how to assemble a bed that is assembled with dowels that stick in holes...if it had any dowels and if the holes weren't filled with stuff...like broken dowels.

Oh well, better luck next time.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

I think YOU should turn HER in.

Mosaics said...

Silly, huh?

I had no intention of contacting her further, but was sorely tempted to ask her to whom was she going to turn me in. Craigslist police?

April said...

Can you report her to Craiglist? You know, like give her a bad rating? What is really sad is that she lied to you, then felt no shame about her behavior. That whole "your no christian" thing..that was just said to make YOU feel guilty about accusing her so that she could deflect it off her.