Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Practice

A few pics practicing with the zoom.

This is the moon at about 11:00 last night.  I intended to get up at intervals to take pictures of the lunar eclipse.  This was the first one in 300+ years to coincide with the winter solstice, so I thought I should mark the night.  Unfortunately, when I got up at 2:00 a.m., the sky was completely overcast with thin, hazy clouds.  I only got glimpses of the eclipsed moon and could not capture it with the camera.


This is what's growing in my flower garden right now - Paper Whites/Narcissus.  I hadn't remembered that they bloom in the winter, so was surprised to see this.


And this is what is fading in the garden right now - Japanese Maple.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

They had a really pretty Amaryllis at Brookshires. They even had different colored Freesia at Kroger. It smelled really good.