Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, May 21, 2010

Potatoes!


This was my first time to plant potatoes.  I planted some seed potatoes that I bought and also planted some old potatoes that were in my pantry starting to sprout.  I figured there was nothing to lose in experimenting with those, so I cut them up so that they each had one eye on them and stuck them in the ground.  All the potatoes came up, but the seed potatoes are maturing faster.  I dug up the potatoes from two plants today.  Yum.  I can't wait to eat them.

Also, picked two cherry tomatoes today.  I planted four kinds of tomatoes, cherry for the first time, and had one volunteer come up on the opposite side of the garden.  I left it to see if it would produce anything.

2 comments:

Meagan Claire said...

I can't wait to have them in roast!

April said...

Yummy!