Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, May 28, 2010

Patio, Phase IV





I finished laying all the stones this morning and swept the first layer of decomposed granite into the cracks.  I'll let that settle, then sweep more in.


This is off the covered existing patio.  I got that hydrangea at Costco...cheap!


Rounding the corner going towards the newly installed patio.  Flower bed to be planted  soon.


Another angle.  The man that we bought the stone from called us and offered us some free St. Augustine sod.  It was sod that he couldn't sell because it was too old, so he just gave it to us.  It's greening up nicely.


Yay!  I put that flower pot in the corner right over a tall sprinkler head so that it can get watered regularly.  I don't know, yet, what I'm going to plant in it, but can't wait to fill it up.


Another Costco hydrangea in that corner.



4 comments:

April said...

It looks beautiful!! I can't believe how much you've done in such a short amount of time! Put another fairie garden in that big pot! and maybe some honeysuckle? or something and smells really nice when you are outside. Can't wait to see it!

Statch said...

I happened across your blog and just wanted to say how beautiful this is! I can't believe you did it yourself. You're going to enjoy it so much -- congratulations!

Mosaics said...

Thank you! I'm very happy with it. I probably have enough stones left over to make a pathway around to the driveway, but that will have to be a project for some time later. I'm too exhausted to tackle that right now.

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas