Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blackberry Season


I spent a little under an hour this morning picking the wild blackberries along the fence line across the road.  I barely made a dent in them.  This basket could be filled many times over.  I need some little kids here who don't mind bending, stooping, squatting and getting their hands scratched up and stained.


Ouch.

Now...what to do with them...jam?  I've never made jam before.

And I found myself wondering, "Why am I doing this when I could just go to the grocery store and buy anything blackberry that I want?"  I guess it's just because they're there, they're free, and maybe I just need to feel like I can in case someday I need to.




3 comments:

April said...

I'm hoping that is blackberry stain and not blood..blec.

Also, nice nail job..LOL

Mosaics said...

I used to never let my nails be without polish, but it's hardly worth the effort out here on the farm. The polish is always getting chipped and scratched

April said...

I've noticed its harder to keep my nails polished..

Hey, trassydiscosta..you're spouting spam!