Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, May 07, 2010

Patio Phase III

Got all the brick edging finished yesterday.  Tom dug up, rerouted, and reburied the sprinkler system.  Of course, when we tested it (before burial) we discovered major leaks in other places which had to be fixed.  Whoever put in the sprinkler system must have been schizo.  It's the craziest bird's nest of pipes I've ever seen. and about 18 zones.

Started putting in the decomposed granit base today after leveling the walkway.  The granite looks really great.  I highly recommend it used as a pathway for someone who doesn't want to go to the trouble of putting in flagstone and who doesn't have a dog and/or chickens that will dig it up and scatter it all over the place.  See how sandy our soil is?  It's like walking on the beach.  I've been doing all this work barefoot because it gets in my shoes and feels awful and actually is quite nice under a bare foot.


And, because I just couldn't wait a moment longer, I got all the smaller stones that I could carry and started laying the flagstone.  Most of the stones are huge slabs that I can't lift, so I'm going to need help.

2 comments:

April said...

I wish I could come help. I think some good ole' fashion hard work would do me good right now :o)

Mosaics said...

I have to be getting some benefit out of all this, although it's hard to tell through all the aches and pains.