Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Walking Stick

I saw this bug on our back door today.

At first, I thought it was just a stick stuck to the door, but I couldn't figure out how it was sticking.

Then I realized that it was a walking stick, but it looked so much like a stick that I had to give it a little poke to make sure.

It's camoflage is so amazing.  There's no way I would have seen it if it weren't on the white background.

Double click on the image to see it's weird little head.  It's hard to believe that there are actually organs inside that little stick body.




2 comments:

April said...

I wonder what it eats? God's imagination is a wonderful thing, right?

Mosaics said...

I think they eat other bugs. And, yes, God's creation is a marvel.