Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Art for the Artiste

So, I'm not even sure "artiste" is a word, but it sounded good in the title.

I said a while back that I was going to have a look at the sales blog of one of the followers of my blog, Maree Clarkson, who is an artist in South Africa, and hoped to buy one of her works.  I finally got around to that and ordered one of her watercolors.  I was very excited to receive it and have been looking for a good frame for it.  I actually wanted something much larger with a mat and all, but then I realized that if I put it in a larger frame, it wouldn't look right hanging in the spot that I bought it for, which is by my little workspace off my kitchen.  So, I settle for the smaller frame and it does look very nice in this spot.

Isn't it lovely?

Later:  I looked it up, "artiste" - an artistic or creative person.








2 comments:

Maree Clarkson said...

Wow! It certainly looks great in the frame Michelle! Thank you once again for buying my Bee Eater, I'm glad it found such a lovely home!

Elizabeth Kendall said...

Beautiful!! What a joy it must be for both of you.