Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Painted Door

I couldn't wait until the weather cooled to paint the coop door, so I sweated it out in the heat.

Outlandish?

I went to the store with the idea in mind of getting red paint.  But, then I was standing in front of those hundreds of colors of paint chips, knowing that I could choose any color I wanted - not having to coordinate or match it with anything and...the world was my oyster.  

Although, lime green, tangerine, magenta, pink were all calling to me, I naturally gravitate towards the blues.  This one said to me, "vintage".  And so it is.

The guineas are growing well.  One flew out through the open door today and I thought it would be gone for good.  They can fly pretty good and I was sure Harry was gonna grab it when it flew over the fence, but he actually obeyed me when I told him "no".  Big surprise there.  Tom and I managed to kind of herd it back to the coop and shoo it back through the door without having the rest of them come flying out.

Tom was priming the water tanks in the well house this morning.  When he got done with that, he quickly put a coat of primer on the boat for me.  Yay!  True to form (for I hate the grunt work) I was dreading the primer, but am looking forward to the actual painting.



2 comments:

Meagan Claire said...

Oh, Mom! You should get this paint sprayer since you already have an awesome air compressor! I'm dreaming away about a mini compressor and the gun for myself...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006FRPJ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00006FRPJ&linkCode=as2&tag=littgreenote-20

Mosaics said...

Jordan has a spray gun that he uses all the time. You might want to ask him about the pros and cons of the one he has before you decide on one.

I've always shied away from using a spray gun because I don't want to have to clean it after I use it. Sounds super lazy, I know, but it's the truth. But, maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.