Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, June 14, 2013

Ugh. What a Day

Well, this day started out great.  I got to spend the day in Dallas having lunch with my good friend and catching up on all the news.

But, it went downhill from there.

For some unknown reason, one of our black astralorp chicks was found dead in the coop.  I hope it doesn't turn into an epidemic.

I waited until pretty late to go out into the garden because it's so hot, but when I did, I walked out there to find chickens feasting on the tomatoes and this:

This was a watermelon vine.

Just last night, it was a vibrant, healthy vine that looked like this.  Today it is dead and shriveled.

And my beautiful pumpkin vines that are just beginning to flower...

in one day look like this

and this.

I've googled it and looked at my organic gardening book.  It could be vine borers or a bacteria or a fungus.  I don't know how I'm supposed to figure it out.

I was so excited about my garden this year.  It was beautiful and everything was looking so healthy and then, boom, it comes crashing down.  I really don't know how pioneers survived.







No comments: