Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New Milkers

Since I'm going to retire Hyacinth from breeding, I decided it's time to get some new milk goats and was very excited to find these.  I bought these girls from a dairy farm certified to sell raw goat milk.  They were shutting down their dairy and selling about fifty goats.

One has moon spots, which seem to be very popular among Nubian goat enthusiasts.  I don't think the spots are particularly attractive, but since other breeders like them, if she has spotted kids, they should sell well.  The other doe is an interesting taupe color.

They are very social.

I'll breed them this fall and if all goes well, will be milking three does in 2014.  I'm going to need help with the milking because I don't think my thumbs are going to be able to take it.  They are sore all the time just milking one.


1 comment:

April said...

Ohh...I like the spotted one! very pretty (well, as pretty as a goat can be..lol)