Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fruits of Our Labors

Everything on our dinner plates tonight was produced on our farm.

We're at the end of the asparagus season, so I'm trying to use it up.  I managed to get a few tomatoes before the chickens (or bunny, if that is a co-destroyer) got to them.  The corn has just now become ready for harvest.  And goat chops.  Even the water is from our well, but we didn't labor for that.

I have yet to grow olives or coconuts to press them for the oil that I cooked with.

5 comments:

April said...

Did you make more spicy pickled asparagus? I LOVED that!!

Mosaics said...

Yes, I pickled several jars of the asparagus.

Maree Clarkson said...

How wonderful to have it all at your fingertips Michelle! A veggie garden is next on my list this coming spring! By the way, I will be contacting you by e-mail early next week regarding the White-fronted Bee Eater. Have a great weekend!

Mosaics said...

Thanks, Maree. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

April said...

YUM! save some for me :o)