Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Enjoying the Beauty of Another Man's Labor

The previous owner of our property must have loved azaleas because he planted them everywhere.  I haven't been able to do any landscaping or flower gardening of  my own yet, so I'm enjoying what is already here.

They haven't been cared for in several years, so they are barely making it and some are dying.  But this year must be a good year for azaleas because the ones that have survived are all blooming profusely.

There are several varieties/colors.

This pink one is lagging a bit behind the others and most of the blossoms have not opened.  It looks very much like a Nelly Moser Clematis to me.  I had a Clematis planted at my other house, so the new owners will be enjoying it this year.  Oh, and my peonies!  How I miss my peonies.

No comments: