Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Baked Pasta with Spinach, Ricotta, and Prosciutto, Gluten Free

I found a recipe on Martha Stewart's website that calls for ricotta so that I could use my homemade ricotta in something rather than the standard lasagna.  I tweaked it a little, so here's my version of the recipe:


1 pound Tinkyada elbow macaroni (or other gluten free pasta)
6 ounces sliced prosciutto
20 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
2 cups raw goat milk
2 cups homemade ricotta cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste*
1/2 cup grated peccorino romano

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cook pasta a few minutes less than package instructions suggest.  Cut prosciutto into thin strips.

In a casserole dish (about 9 x 13 inch), toss pasta with spinach, half of the prosciutto, milk, ricotta, and garlic.  Season with salt and pepper.  Top with remaining prosciutto and peccorino.  Bake until golden and bubbly, 30-40 minutes.

* I used 1 tsp. of salt, but it was a little on the bland side.  The next time I make it, I'll use 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons.  Other than needing more salt, this recipe was quite good.  I'll definitely make it again.


No comments: