Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Bizarre, but Good!

Our Blue Andalusian hen is not gone after all!

We have all our pregnant does tucked away in the barn because they're all due to kid in the next few days and we're having below freezing weather and sleet.

I went out to the barn to do the last labor check of the night.  When I walked in the barn, I heard a hen clucking...walked over to take a peek at the baby goats and there was the lost hen, just scratching around like she belonged there.

The only reason I can think of that she disappeared for that many days (aside from going on 'oliday) was that she has some eggs that she's sitting on up in the hay.  She either lost interest or came down for some food and drink.  I just left her in there.  If she's gone again in the morning, at least I'll know where she is.

Yay!

No comments: