Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, July 22, 2013

Eating My Words

Was I whining about my garden earlier in the season?  Yes, I do believe I was.  "This was dying, that was wilting, this didn't grow, that isn't producing, the critters are eating it, blah, blah, blah".  Well, I was wrong, wrong, wrong, and I take it all back.


 
This is my pumpkin patch now.  It's a solid mass of healthy vines with pumpkins hidden among them.

I started out completely demoralized which caused me to break down and use Sevin dust to control the squash bugs.  I'm ashamed that I resorted to using a chemical, but hey, I'm not overrun with squash bugs and I don't spend hours searching for and killing them like I did last year.  Next year, I hope to get some guineas to control those pesky bugs.

This eggplant was an experiment.  I had eggplant last year and saved some of the seeds.  I planted six and this was the only one that came up.  It's late, but it is producing, so I know that if I save seeds again this year, I'll be able to grow eggplant again next year.  Maybe this is something that will do well in the aquaponics system.

And, just for fun, here's a little duckling that my tomatoes produced.  





No comments: