Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Meh. I'm such a GIRL

No fair!  I wish I was stronger.  I have a landscaping project that I want to do.  Well, actually I have a whole lot of landscaping that I want to do, but this is just a little segment all it's own.  It's all planned out in my head and it's great.  I just don't have the strength in my body to do the necessary prep work.  I have to dig out some grass in a big circle.  I got out there and jabbed the shovel in the ground a few times, but couldn't move much.  So, I tried to get Tom to dig it out for me with the tractor.  Really, all I want done is a thin top layer scraped off, then I can do the rest.  Now that he's ADD hyperfocused on the barn apartment, I may not be able to get him to do it.

Hmm, I need a tiny tractor just for me.

It's gonna be a small sitting area right across from the patio doors that lead off my bedroom.


You can kind of see the miserable little circle I dug.  It's about a ten foot circle, but now that I've thought about it, it probably needs to be a bit bigger.  I can't get used to the amount of space I have to work with.  Because of living in the city with a small suburban lot, I'm used to doing things on a smaller scale.  I need to think BIG...Texas big.  By the way, I did not dig that bare spot.  There used to be a tree there and the ground is bare because the grass hasn't recovered from the stump grinding.  I'm trying to make use of the bare spots before the grass grows back.

1 comment:

PumpkinPie said...

The soil is too dry and hard packed. You need to give it a copious watering and then it will be easier to dig up.