Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Love These Country Folks!

I bought this from an old junk shop that isn't open.  I happened to meet the old fella that owns it while shopping in an antique shop.  He looks like an old Charlton Heston and his name is Will.  I don't know how to post pictures off the net, but if you click on the link below, there's a picture of old Charlton.


Anyway, I bought an old minnow bucket and a water dispensing can (similar to the one in the above picture) to use as garden decor from Will.  He just left them out on the old junk shop porch and told me to go by and get them if I like them and I could pay him later.  When I was at the junk shop, I saw this old church pew and thought it might look good as garden decor, too, so when I went to pay him for the buckets a few days later, I asked him about it.  "Sure,", he said, "just go by and pick it up."



One side is kind of falling apart, but Tom put a bunch of screws in it and it should be good for a few more years.  He pulled this square nail out of a previously repaired section to replace it with a screw.  If it was repaired at some point with a square nail, no tellin' how old the pew is.

No comments: