Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dallas, Oh, Dallas, Where Hast Thou Westerness Gone?

It's a sad, sad day in Texas when there are only two choices of stores to buy cowboy boots at.

The day has come when my 30 year old cowboy boots, which I love, in all their lizardy glory, must be retired.  They have gone the way of all lizard skin boots and split at the lizard seam.


These Lucchese boots have the perfect toe.


and the perfect heel.  And the perfect color and the perfect fit.  But, unless I want to wear them until they become sandals, it's time to replace them.  So, I went to Dallas to search for the new perfect boot.  I went to Cavenders.  Cavenders did not have the perfect boot.  I went to Sheplers.  Sheplers did not have the perfect boot.  I went to Boot Town.  Boot Town has gone bankrupt and their doors were closed.  I went to Western Wearhouse, but they are no longer in business.  I ran out of places to go.

So, I went back to Cavenders and bought a boot that I do not love.  Those boots are my plan B boots.  Because Dallas has betrayed me, I'm going to have to resort to on-line shopping.  And if I find the perfect boot on-line, my plan B boots will be going back to Cavenders.

4 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you're gonna have to go to the real Cow-town..Ft. Worth..which (unless I'm mistaken) you bought your boots in the first place? Lots of boot places there.

Mosaics said...

Yes...J Leddys in cowtown. I don't want to drive all the way over there!

Meagan said...

Yeah, you should have gone to FTW. I was just going to say that. It's not that far, and you can see Jenny & Evan.

April said...

Hey, you get what you pay for! If you really want a pair of boot that you will LOVE just like your old split ones and that will last you another 30 yrs..then you'll drive there..don't be such a GIRL..LOL