Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Electric Lights







Tom's latest project is lights in the barn. Currently, we have the system put in by the previous owner, which is two long cords with light sockets on them wrapped around the rafters. These lights are on a timer and one light switch in the tack room that I have to stand on a bucket to reach. The timer is convenient, but the hard-to-reach one light switch means that all the lights have to be on at the same time. That is usually not necessary and wastes energy. I'm also risking breaking something by climbing on the bucket to reach the switch.




So, my electrical engineer husband is wiring the barn lights properly, replacing the cords with cord in a conduit and the lights with flourescents. He's also wiring it for ceiling fans (and installing one that we took out of the house), light switches for each light, and power outlets.




Faaancy!

2 comments:

April said...

woo-who! You're high-fu-luten now!
With a city-fied light switch in the barn I don't know if we can call you country anymore..LOL Maybe you'll be the 'Zsa-Zsa' style of country

Mosaics said...

That's what I'm aiming for. No climbing the telephone pole to make a phone call for me.

I need some faincy negligees.