Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fed Up

That's what I am, fed up with these workmen that have no respect for our space.  The A/C guys still haven't finished the job.  They finally...finally came this week to finish it, but they drilled a hole in the wall in the wrong place.  They have to repair that so all work has stopped.  That was Wednesday and they still haven't come back even though they made arrangements to come yesterday.  No show.  No call.


I didn't realize unti too late that when they left on Wednesday, they just left all the stuff right in the middle of the floor, blocking the door.  If I had known, I would have had them move it all upstairs out of the way.  Instead, the carpenter had to move it all out of the way so he could work on Thursday.  And I'm paying him by the hour.  So, essentially, I paid him to clean up the A/C guys mess.  Currently, it is just shoved out of the way so we have at least a pathway through the middle of the barn.  To this mess...


And this isn't even half of it.  I couldn't get it all in one frame.  Every flat surface is covered with painted boards, drying in the barn.  Basically, the carpenter bullied me into letting him paint all the trim boards.  Yes, he did in just a few hours, with his spray rig, what it would have taken me much longer to do.  But, I didn't hire him to paint.  I hired him to install the trim.  And, yes, I was kind of dreading painting all that trimwork after it was up, but I could have done it in my own time and for free.  I had to pay him.  So, I do feel bullied.  It's a good thing that we don't have to put any animals in right now because we literally could not use our barn.  At all.

This is a working farm.  I guess I'm just tired of people not respecting that.  And I'm tired of dealing with contractors.  Period.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Find the biggest piece of plain paper you can find. Find as many colors of anything you can write with. In HUGE letters.... write the date of the first day of Spring coming this year - one over the other with each of the colors of - pens/pencils/paint bottles - whatever. Tag the paper to a wall where it will snag your eyes each time they glance near it.

Now - what views do you want to see around that farm on the first day of spring this year? Plant those visions in your head as you stare at that huge sign.

Once you can almost taste it - hang on and start puntin' that foot in the arse's of everything on two legs that you've hired - until you get to the first day of spring this year. I DARE YOU!!!

You can do this!

April said...

LOL..weldrbrat. I think my sister is alittle to nice to the contractors..sure..she can be mean BUT she keeps most of it inside..I say..LET IT OUT! Be the biggest pest on the planet with these guys. Treat them like kids (which is how they are acting) I know , I know, its stupid to have to follow adults around and make sure they are doing what they are suppose to do..but contractors are mainly people who CAN"T work anywhere else or they'd get fired.