Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, January 07, 2011

Craigslist Deals and Kitchens

The apartment is painted.  Above is the wood for the trim, all of which has to be painted by moi before the trim carpenter can get started.  40 8 ft. 1x6's, 40 8 ft. 1x4's, 4 sheets of 4x8 1/4 inch plywood, and 4 sheets of 4x8 beaded board.  HooYa.

This is my kitchen from IKEA.  Any volunteers to come put these together for me?  88 packages loaded into the back of the pick-up truck by myself and my friend, Netta.  I couldn't have done it without her.  In the meantime, I locked the keys in the truck.  Netta broke in, crawled through the back window and unlocked it for me.  My new resolution, "Don't go anywhere without Netta."  She has a bag like Mary Poppins and pulls things out of it like rabbits out of a hat.


And, la piece de resistance...
An antique wardrobe-turned-pie safe from Craigslist for 85.00.  Needs just a tiny bit of work, which Tom has nearly completed and it will be perfect storage for towels in the bathroom.  So excited about this find.



3 comments:

April said...

You are SO GOOD at finding deals on Craigslist. We need a good used car..can you find one for us? LOL

Mosaics said...

Sure, what kind do you want?

April said...

We need a 4 door with relatively low mileage for $3000. or less. We've looked at a few..but they all sounded better than they looked.