Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, November 23, 2009

Repairs Underway


New floor is being installed today. I had a bit of an altercation with the foreman. The guys that tore out the damaged floor damaged some of the texture/drywall around two of the windows. The foreman insisted that it wasn't their fault and that the water caused the damage. I know that he is wrong about that, but I decided that I wouldn't argue about it anymore. He called his boss and his boss said that if we threatened to hold back any money for the cost of repairs, to just pack up and leave. Of course, he had me in a bind. I couldn't tell them to leave because I want my floor finished.


Some day, I will learn to check and document every move that construction workers make.


2 comments:

April said...

I would take pictures of what they are doing now. I would document what they are doing..let them SEE you doing it. Also, tell the "boss" what happened and let him know that you won't be recommending him to ANYONE because of his actions.

But..thats just me ;o)

Mosaics said...

The guys that did the install didn't damage the walls any further. They did make a mark on the floor when they moved the piano, but it's not really their job to move the piano, so I'm not going to make a deal of it. I think I will send a letter with my payment and tell the owner that I can no longer recommend him to anyone else (I have in the past) because of his attitude about this incident.