Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, November 23, 2009

Implementport




This is Tom's latest building project. His friend, Charlie, who among other things, is a welder and he welded it together. This is for parking tractor implements under to keep them out of the sun and weather.




So, Charlie told Tom about this guy that puts up and takes down billboard signs. Who knew that the billboard signs were actually huge plastic tarps? Well, they are. And this guy sells the tarps really cheap, like 10.00 for a 32' x 20' and 15.00 for the 40' ones. And Tom had this great idea to use them as "walls" for the shed. That way, they could be rolled up out of the way on any side so that the implements could be moved in and out more easily.




It's a grand idea in principle...not so much in execution. I had a picture in my head of how this was going to look. This picture in my head does not match up with reality. Instead, reality is a big eyesore that I don't like to look at and, in fact, am quite dismayed about.




2 comments:

April said...

Are you dismayed by the material? or whats ON the material? I don't think its that bad..its' going to get dirty away with them parking the suff there.

Mosaics said...

No, I don't mind the advertisement on there. It might even be better if the advertisement faced out. My problem is with the way the tarp is installed. It doesn't look that bad in the picture, but it's all baggy and glaringly white. I thought it was going to be taut, neat, and tidy.