Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, August 17, 2009

Fun Projects




Can it be August 17th already!? Life is flying by me at a dizzying rate. Ack!




Well, while Tom frolicked in Dallas yesterday and today (he's working on our house contract among other things) I finished up painting the bathroom cabinet base. I'm still working on the doors (in a previous picture) and will be painting those white drawers some funky colors. It was fun, but I nearly had to stand on my head to get the lowest parts painted without sticking my hand in the wet paint above. Guess I should have started at the bottom and worked my way up - hind sight. This is my first effort with oil paints and I did not know that it takes oil paint so very long to dry; ten days or more, then I have to wait six months before I can put a coat of varnish on it.
Why? You may ask. Why, would she paint a bathroom cabinet like that?! Because she likes a bit of funk here and there. Funky ugly is what I call it. Funky ugly is beautiful.


Tomorrow, I will be the one frolicking in Dallas. And I will actually frolick, not work.

1 comment:

Terra said...

is IS beautiful! i wish i could free hand stuff like that! *jealous*