Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Estate Sale Chairs Reupholstery

I was determined not to drag this project out for years like the last dining chairs, so I managed to get them all done in about two weeks.

Chairs from the estate sale...12 bucks.

I decided to do them right and make them very cushy, so I ordered some proper three inch foam from an upholstery shop.  While I was waiting for the foam to arrive, I cut out all the pieces, using the wooden seat bottom as a pattern.  Then I made some contrasting welting and I was all ready to get started when the foam arrived.

Finished all four in record time!

Welting on the top and bottom of the cushion.

I had so much fabric left over from my dining chair redo that I decided to use it for these new chairs.  Even though the fabric is the same, it looks so different with the green welting and the light wood.  I'm toying with the idea of painting them because I'm not crazy about the wood finish.  But, I'm going to wait until I find a table that I like and depending on what kind of shape it's in, I'll either paint the table or the chairs.

No comments: