Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, October 04, 2013

Wrapping Up the Zucchini Season

Or, at least I'm trying to.

I had a hard time getting the zucchini started this year and had almost given up on it, but it rallied so that I haven't kept up with it.  So I've ended up with the giant zucchinis like I do every year.

I let them pile up on the counter until I can't take it anymore.

Then I cut them up into pieces that will fit into my tiny food processor.

This Oster was a wedding gift and it has served me well, mostly because I hadn't used it very often up until the zucchini invasion.  Now I use it to shred the zucchini so I can freeze it and use it to make things like zucchini bread with it later.  I really do need to get myself a proper food processor.  This one lets the juice run all over the counter while, with one hand,  I try to hold a container up to the spout to catch what is oozing out and with the other hand, I have to turn the whole top section, which is the "on/off" mechanism.  My third hand feeds the zucchini pieces into the spout on top and pushes them through.  Well, I could go on about it, but suffice it to say that this one is inadequate.

But, I "got 'er done" and packed away in the freezer.  But there are more monster zucchinis lurking out in the garden that I will have to deal with soon.

No comments: