Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The End of an Era

The entryway is done and it is loverly.  Next up...landscaping.

And, The Nephew is gone.

  It is a bittersweet moment for me.  I must admit, it was an adjustment for me to have an extra adult male living in my house and I have longed for an "empty nest".  At the same time, I love my nephew and he has been such a tremendous help to me and Tom on the farm, besides just being a fun guy.  Also, it was a good trial run for us if such an event as an economic crash happens and necessitates some family members coming to live on the farm.  I don't think we'd trade our time with Jordan for anything.  I'm not a very emotional person, but at the moment, I'm a bit weepy.

He rented a U-Haul van to transport his stuff.  He had accumulated a lot of woodworking tools during his time with us.


And this little trailer to tow his car.


Ginger's parting gift was to chew the straps on the trailer.  I think she had a near death experience when Jordan discovered this.


We told Liam that Jordan is moving to Tennessee.  This morning he said to me, "I want to tell Jordan goodbye before he drives to....Halloween."



4 comments:

We Love Texas said...

I made Jordan promise he'd come back to Texas soon. We need his help to finish more projects. I'm already making my list.
And cute Liam - of course he'd think that because of the spider moving truck. Made me laugh.

April said...

I give it 6months before he's back..he's just had to much Texas for to long and once you get a taste of Texas..you don't want to leave. (Even though the rolling hills of TN are beautiful)

Meagan Claire said...

I laughed til I cried about Halloween.

Mosaics said...

"Tennessee" "Halloween". I can see how he'd get confused. Reminds me of when Paden saw some of those big pods off a bois d'arc tree that we call "horse apples" and he said, "Look at those horse...cabbages!"