Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, April 26, 2013

Convincing an Evil Goat

I got fed up with Evil Goat.  She was getting more and more aggressive and was actually coming after me with her horned head.  Tom had this great idea...

and it worked like a charm.

This is a fly swatter that is electrified.  To use it, you depress a button on the side and when a bug is swatted, it is instantly zapped.

It kills the bug, but it doesn't kill a goat.

The first time I took it out there with me, Evil kept coming at me and I kept the button depressed and the swatter between me and her.  She finally made contact with it, touching the tip of her nose to it and I heard the "pop".  I wish I had a video camera with me, but it's nearly impossible to hold the bucket of feed and scoop the feed into the feed troughs while avoiding scrambling goats trying to be the first to get a mouthful of feed and avoiding the horns of an evil goat aimed at me and trying to keep the swatter between me and that goat.  I didn't have any hands left for a camera.

Anyway, when she got her nose zapped, she jumped straight up into the air and leapt over all the surrounding goats.  Now she minds her own business and leaves me alone.  I still take the swatter just in case, but maybe that one zap was enough to convince her that goring me with her horns is not something she wants to do.

1 comment:

April said...

I would have LOVED to see that!! I'll bet she won't try that anymore..as long as you have that zapper.