Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, April 29, 2013

Chicken Nuggets

Harry loves the new little chicks.  I've been keeping them in this rabbit cage in the apartment for the time being.  I bring them out and set them in the grass while I clean the cage.

 Harry is very...watchful.
  He gazes at them lovingly.

The other day, I put them out where the adult chickens were hanging out, thinking that if I let them all get used to each other gradually, there would be less bloodshed when it's time for them to integrate.

Note there are no chickens in the picture.  When they came to investigate, Harry ferociously chased them away.  See Ginger laying over there all forlorn?  Harry wouldn't let her near them either.

We don't know if Harry is protecting them or is hoping to be able to eat them.  And Harry does not share food.

I stole the title of this post from my very clever niece, Terra.

No comments: