Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sewing Machine Retirement


Remember that old Singer Featherweight that I was so attached to?  ( http://tilemosaics.blogspot.com/2010/04/old-technology.html )  I finally decided to bite the bullet and retire it.  It was having some problems that I'm sure could be easily fixed, but I couldn't find anyone around here that works on sewing machines.  I had some sewing projects that I wanted to get done; sewing machines were on sale at Costco with free shipping, so I ordered one.

They don't make 'em like they used to.  This new one is actually light as a feather, but that's because it's made of plastic parts.  I bet it won't last 50 years.  But...it will do for now.  It's easy to use and, I'll admit it, it does more than my ol' Singer does.



Apparently, there are some seamstresses out there who like to have a picture of their beloved handy at all times.

No comments: