Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, August 27, 2012

Ah, Home Again

There truly is nothing like like home.  I knew I wasn't in Texas anymore when I entered the Starbucks in Penn Station to order my favorite mocha coconut frappuccino.  Enter surly barista who made the drink wrong and sprinkled cookie crumbs on top of the whipped cream.  As much as I'd love to have had cookie crumbs, my body doesn't allow gluten so I handed it back.  After several tries too boring to write about, I finally was able to drink my watery frappe.

In addition to taking a few days to laze about and recover from the trauma of traveling,  I've been playing catch up around the farm.


Things keep growing even on vacation and we got our much needed rain, so things have really greened up.  What is it about rain that is so much more effective than watering with a sprinkler?  I've been watering our yard faithfully through the hottest part of the summer, but the best results I've gotten are green circles right around where the sprinkler heads are buried.  A week after it rains, the whole place comes alive and the spots that were green now pale in comparison to the rest of the yard.

I spent most of Friday mowing and weedeating and using the blower trying to get our yard tamed. 

And we're getting more rain as I type this, which is crazy wonderful.

No comments: