Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunflowers!



The sunflowers have bloomed and they are big, bold, and beautiful!


This is 10 to 12 inches across.  Hmm, how to harvest sunflower seeds?  Or will the birds get them all before I have a chance?


On another note, I decided to do a little piano playing tonight, which happens once in a blue moon.  I dug out some old music.  This is a particularly old book with easy music, the kind that you have to play when you never practice.  And look!  I can date this book pretty accurately being as how my sister laid claim to it during her "label everything 'April' days".  She must have gotten caught in the act on this one and was unable to complete it.

4 comments:

April said...

Sunflowers are beautiful!

On another note, UGH..I'm not liking seeing my name or initals on everything..I'm thinking back to all the things I labeled. furniture, books..etc..if it could be written on or'carved'on. Someone in my house does that NOW. I had to clean off someone's name from my piano keys..it was written in EXPO marker. NO ONE will admit to it either

Mosaics said...

Heh. Well, if SOMEONE doesn't want to get blamed, she should think of something else to write besides her NAME.

Tony said...

Hi, This is about your sunflowers. If you still have them growing and able to reach the head of the sunflower. Take old pantyhose and tie it around the head of the sunflowers, this will keep the birds from getting to the seeds.

Mosaics said...

Thanks for the tip. They are too tall for me to reach, but I could get a ladder. Hate to cover up the beauty of the flower with panty hose, though.