Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Success!




Henry is submitting to being led with a rope now and I can put the halter on and take it off without too much fuss. I captured a moment of resistance to being tied up, but that's about as bad as it gets...a little pulling and snorting, then he's over it. I led him all the way across the pasture yesterday. My goal is to get him weaned and moved in with the goats by the time they have their babies.




Some progress is being made with Hilde and Buffy, the moms. They aren't freaking out and dashing away when I come in with the rope and halter and they will stick their noses through the nose piece to reach the treats I offer. Yesterday, I was able to keep their nose in the loop and put the longer strap up around their ears. Next step is getting it buckled on. I need three hands.

No comments: