Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pasture Junk


I am constantly amazed at what farmers will leave out in the field to rot. The latest find is this mower, which Tom almost ran over while mowing the pasture behind the pond. BTW, I didn't even know there was a pasture behind the pond.
He asked Cowboy Cory if it was salvageable, but apparently it was too old, too rusted, too terrible, so Tom resolved to take it to the metal scrap yard. Since the metal scrap yard doesn't take rubber tires, Tom spent five hours sawing off the tires. He got $28.00 for the mower. Then he took the old tires to the tire recycling place and had to pay the guy $20.00 to take them.

Tire guy: "I hate to take your money, why don't you just bury them on your land?"
Tom: "No, my wife doesn't want me to bury junk."
Tire guy: "Can't you just dig a hole somewhere where she can't see it and don't tell her?"
Tom: "No, she would know."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I have to put it on my blog.