Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, March 06, 2008

And...They're Off!

Roofers are scheduled for a couple of weeks from now. I've got an appointment on Monday to finalize my kitchen plans. Hopefully, I can get the cabinets ordered this coming week. I had a contractor go out to the house and remeasure the kitchen for me because I'm not to be trusted with a tape measure. Then I have to get a few bids on getting the work done.

Our barn has grown much larger than we had orginally planned. There is a barn on the property, but it's kind of an eyesore and is not totally enclosed. However, it has some very nice, sturdy stalls and a tack room. We plan to take off the old tin that is currently on it and have it completely enclosed as part of our new barn. So, we'll have the stalls on one side and a big open area in the middle to park tractors and do barnly stuff. On the other side, we plan to put in an office for Tom and a small apartment for guests. We're going to go ahead and put the plumbing in before the concrete is poured so that we'll have it when we get around to finishing the apartment.

Luckily, the kitchen appliances are pretty new, so I can put them into the apartment's kitchenette.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I wonder with his office in the barn if he'll ever come home.

Mosaics said...

I'm putting a tidy office in the house to entice him. Besides, I have the food.