Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Ideas for COVID Quarantine, V

Take up a hobby like painting!

I was suckered into buying these Arteza watercolor pens early last year, or maybe it was some time in 2018.  I had never painted with watercolor and didn't really need them, but ... their ad was good.  So, I had the pens and hadn't ever done anything with them because, basically, I know nothing about watercolor.  I did do a couple of painting just to test them out.  I usually paint with acrylic, but watercolor is completely different.  I didn't feel like I had control of where the paint went.  I'm kind of a control freak, which didn't work out too well with the watercolors and my lack of ability to control them.  I've seen some artists do amazing, very detailed work with watercolors, but I'm just not there.

The watercolor pens are great, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do when they inevitably run out of paint.  I tend to want to paint a lot of animals, so that means using mostly blacks and browns.  I guess I'll have to switch to painting something else.

So, with extra quarantine time on my hands, I broke out the pens and these are some of the pictures I've done.

Pug 6x8: $25.00

Golden Retriever 6x8:  $25.00

Buckling 6x8:  $25.00

Curious Goat 6x8:  $25.00

Pensive Goat 6x8:  $25.00

See my other ideas for using your quarantine time wisely.

No comments: