Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, September 09, 2016

Vardo Setback

Well, it's been a while since I've worked on my RV-to-vardo project.  When the mood finally struck, I made a horrible discovery.

We had a leak, which damaged part of two walls and rotted out a large part of the floor on the slide out...the part that I had already done several things to.

So, this sets me back and will make the reno more involved than I had intended.

Tom tore out the floor and replaced it and also tore out part of the walls.  We're trying to save the wallpaper job that I did, so that's one reason we didn't tear all the walls out.  Thankfully, most of the damage was below the windows.



It's not all bad, though.  I didn't like that old carpet that was in there, but I couldn't justify tearing it out - expense AND it was just a lot of work.  So, now at least the carpet is gone.  The bottom of the banquette rotted out, so that's a loss.  Since the whole floor had to go, I just took the jackknife sofa/bed out, too, and am getting rid of it.  I have a great plan for a replacement bed that I'm excited about.  Also, having a little table and chairs instead of the banquet might be nice.

No comments: