Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Litterbugs. Ugh.

One of my farm chores is to do the mowing of what I call "the grounds" on a weekly basis.  That includes anything that is mowed "for looks", so that our place will look nice an tidy - the yard, down the driveway, along the road, etc.  Since our property is a corner lot, we have a lot of area along the road that I maintain.

I just don't understand, in this day and age, after years of anti litterbug and "don't mess with Texas" advertisements...why do people still throw trash out of their vehicles?  Every time I mow, I have to stop numerous times to pick up trash that people have thrown onto our property.  I just don't get it.  Can't they wait until they get home and put it in their trash can?  We aren't on a busy highway.  We're on a county road, off the beaten path.  It's a destination to nowhere except a cemetery or someone's home.


I keep this empty container in my mower cubby to stash the trash while I'm mowing.

Fits in here, nice and tidy, with my clippers to snip little rogue trash trees that grow along the fence line.

This is the trash that I picked up yesterday.


Along with... surprise! THIS!  

Hello, Karma.



No comments: