Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Homemade Goat Milk Peach Ice Cream, People!

I've been wanting an ice cream maker for a long time, so Tom finally found a good deal on one.

He got this one from Fry's Electronic.  It was the last one, the floor model, so he got a discount on it.  I think it was about 37.00 bucks.

I could hardly wait to experiment.  I really, really don't like fruity ice creams, but a few years ago I had some peach ice cream at a friend's house and she had put cinnamon in it.  It was so delicious with that cinnamon, that I've wanted more ever since.

So, the first thing I wanted to try, especially since I had picked my own peaches off of our trees, was homemade peach ice cream.  I searched the internet for a recipe that I had all the ingredients for.  So many of the recipes called for half and half, evaporated milk, or condensed milk.  I don't normally stock any of those.

But, I found one that was just right for me, used my goat milk instead of store bought, added cinnamon, and I was all set to make...

Homemade Cinnamon Peach Ice Cream

5-6 very ripe peaches, peeled and pitted (I didn't peel mine and rather than counting the peaches, I just used the whole quart bag that I had frozen previously, but thawed for use)
2 eggs
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 quarts goat milk
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon

Blend all ingredients in a food processor just until the peaches are mashed, but not too long so that the cream will be whipped.

Chill ingredients for a few hours, then pour into ice cream maker canister and follow the maker's instructions.

So yummy!


Notes:
The cinnamon is a guesstimate.  I used two teaspoons and it was a bit too much (still delicious, but the cinnamon overwhelms the peach flavor).  Next time, I'll just use one.
My maker is a one gallon size.  This recipe makes about 1-2 gallons, so I had to split it up and freeze it in two batches.



2 comments:

JUSTMOM said...

Did you cook the batch before you chilled it?

Mosaics said...

That was a long time ago, so I don't remember how I made it. But I didn't write that I cooked it, so I must not have. I try to avoid ice cream recipes in which I have to cook it.