Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Peaches!


We planted some fruit trees about three years ago.  I frantically tried to keep them watered through the drought and they barely made it.  This year we had two peach trees that had one or two peaches on them and one tree that was loaded!  I was very excited to finally have some fruit on the trees.

I picked all of these in one day.  They're tiny, I know.  We only had one peach that was like a normal sized piece of fruit.

And, I thought they weren't going to be any good because they were all spotted.  I don't know what caused this, but it happened early on when the fruit had just formed.  I was disappointed about that, but I left them to ripen anyway and hoped for the best.  And, the best is what we got.  They are delicious!

I cut them all up and froze them.  I couldn't help eating lots of slices as I cut them up and I saved the only big one for our dinner.  I can't wait to make something yummy with them.

Speaking of peaches, this is my current favorite song, Peaches, by Bob Schnieder.  Enjoy.




No comments: