Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Flowerbeds on the Farm

My flowerbeds have come a long way in the last few years.  They still have a ways to go to fill in and give me that cottagy look that I like, but there is progress.

The pink one is a rose bush that was given to me as a Mother's Day gift last year.  Everything else that I've planted in that very spot has died from lack of water even though the sprinkler waters it.  I think it's just a particularly hot spot and the water drains away too fast.  I think since it made it through the first year, it's gonna be OK.

In the foreground are daylilies not yet bloomed and irises finished blooming.  The red miniature rose is growing on the two old french doors turned trellis.  I would grow much higher, but the donkeys and goats eat whatever they can easily reach.  I'm just thankful they don't put their heads all the way over the fence to eat everything.  Privet and chaste tree are in the background.  The privet has really taken off this year.  I didn't know it bloomed, but it was covered with white fragrant blooms.

A close-up of the miniature roses.

A bird has built a nest in one of the rose bushes in the front yard.  It doesn't seem like a very good choice of places to put a nest and I often inadvertently scare the mother away.

No comments: