Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Friday, February 21, 2014

Vardo, Part Four

Wallpaper!

The wallpaper finally arrived from Lowes.com.  It's risky buying wallpaper over the internet because I really didn't know how the colors were going to turn out in real life.  The "red" in the print turned out to be a little on the pink side, but it'll still look good with the planned red curtains.

It took me a day and a half to install the wallpaper in the slide-out.  Thankfully, when I unscrewed the window trim, the windows didn't fall out on the ground.  

I need ideas on covering the sofa.  Possibilities (1) taking the cushions off completely and putting a futon mattress in it's place; (2) Making a slip cover.  I don't really want to take off the old fabric and recover it.  If I take it off, then it's off for good.  The fabric is clipped on with really stiff wires underneath.  Not fun.

In the meantime...curtains and crown moulding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! I am loving it so far aunt Chel!! My suggestion... make a hybrid divan-fainting chair! Too much? If you like I'll build you one the week I arrive. I'll build the frame with drawers in the bottom for extra storage and then you can just buy a colorful futon and some awesome pillows.