Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Almost There!

Jordan is putting the final finishes on the cedar slabs and caps for the entryway.  I can't wait to see it all put together.

This dull piece of wood has been transformed into...

...this beautiful rich color simply by sanding and putting a clear sealant on it.

I never really appreciated cedar before, but I now see each piece as a work of art.

These are equally vibrant, but are covered with a coat of sawdust.  I know Jordan is cringing at this picture because these are his babies, but I'll make it up to him with a picture of the final reveal.  These are the caps to go on the brick pillars, handcrafted by Jordan.  He made all kinds of jigs, templates, and miter boxes to cut out all the angles and fit them together like a puzzle.




No comments: