Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Monday, April 04, 2011

Room at the Inn

The apartment is done...well, not done done, but inhabitable.  We have a few small things to do but my family stayed there this weekend and worked out the kinks for us.

At the last minute last week, the granite installers finished up with the countertops and then the plumber came and hooked everythng up.


For the past several weeks while we were finishing up, I had a piece of the butcher block sitting on this spot on the butcher block counter tops.  Imagine my dismay when I lifted up that piece of wood to discover this huge split.  For some reason the block is warping (bowing up in the middle) and splitting.  We haven't decided yet if we're going to try to get IKEA to replace it or if we should just fill it with wood filler and pretend it's an old cottage with lot of wear and tear.  It was such a big project for Tom to install, that I'm inclined to just fill it, but I'm afraid it's going to split all the way to the end and then stick up.

No comments: